The BEST Maple Cranberry Sauce using only 6 ingredients! Sweetened with orange juice and maple syrup with a hint of cinnamon. The perfect sweet tart cranberry sauce for the holidays!
- 4 cups cranberries, frozen or fresh
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- cinnamon stick
- Heat a medium-sized saucepan to medium heat. Add cranberries, pure maple syrup, orange zest, orange juice, vanilla extract and cinnamon stick.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally. About 5-7 minutes.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium and continue to cook until the cranberries burst and begin to break down until they for a sauce, will be about 15-20 minutes. You can smush them with a spoon if you’d like.
- Test the sauce to make sure it’s too your liking. If it’s too tart, you can add more syrup.
- Remove the cranberry sauce from the heat and it let cool.
- Store in an airtight container, refrigerated, for 3-4 days.
- You can also freeze your cranberry sauce for up to 2 months. Just place the sauce in an airtight container or freezer storage bag. To reheat to move to the fridge to thaw about 24-48 hours before the big meal and serve.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 52
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 2 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: cranberry sauce, cranberry sauce recipe, orange cranberry, maple cranberry sauce, how to make cranberry sauce, gluten free, holiday, thanksgiving recipes, easy side dishes, christmas recipes