Find out how to make the Best Grilled Pizza Recipe without using a pizza stone! Using homemade whole wheat pizza dough, choosing your favorite toppings and following my tricks for the best grilled pizza ever!
- Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- 1 cup tomato basil marinara sauce
- 6 oz. fresh mozzarella thinly sliced
- 1 large beef steak tomato, sliced
- 8–10 fresh basil leaves
- Make homemade whole wheat pizza dough.
- Roll out dough on floured surface to desired size.
- Prepare all pizza toppings and set aside.
- Preheat grill to 350°-400°F. Be sure grill grates are cleaned and oiled.
- Carefully transfer rolled out pizza dough directly onto grill grates and the close lid. Grill for 2-3 minutes or until the dough starts to bubble and bottom is slight browned but not charred. Remove from grill, flip and place on a cookie sheet grilled side up.
- Top you pizza with desired topping on the grilled side of your pizza. Make sure to evenly spread ingredients out on pizza dough.
- Using a pizza spatula for ease, transfer topped pizza back onto the grill and close lid. Grill for another 5-7 minutes. Checking for doneness of crust, melted cheese and crispy toppings.
- Remove from grill and let rest for a couple minutes before slicing in and devouring!
Keywords: grilled pizza recipe, best grilled pizza, how to grill pizza, best grilled pizza recipe, how to make pizza on the grill, pizza on the grill, pizza recipe, homemade pizza dough,