These Easy Chicken Parmesan Zucchini Boats are so delicious! Zucchini stuffed with lean chicken tossed in a flavorful marinara sauce and topped with melted mozzarella. These Zucchini Boats are a great low carb, high protein dinner that’s fast and easy to make.
- 3 large zucchini, halved and scooped out
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- garnish: chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2” cubes
- 1 1/2 cups Muir Glen tomato basil pasta sauce
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add avocado oil and diced red onion. Saute until translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add in cubed chicken breast. Saute until cooked, stirring throughout, approximately 4 minutes.
- Then pour pasta sauce over chicken and add parmesan cheese. Bring to a slow simmer. Remove from heat.
- In a 13×9 inch baking dish, add zucchini boats flesh side facing up. Scoop the parmesan chicken mixture into the “boat” part of the zucchini.
- Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh basil. Serve.
- Serving Size: 1 zucchini boats
- Calories: 190
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 562 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 24 g
- Cholesterol: 44 mg
Keywords: best chicken parmesan, healthy chicken parmesan, easy chicken parmesan, zucchini boats, how to make stuffed zucchini boats, how to make chicken parmesan, low carb recipes, easy chicken recipes, healthy chicken recipes, easy healthy dinner ideas, zucchini boats keto