The most amazing Homemade Mashed Potatoes that are extremely creamy, full of garlic flavor, done in 30 minutes, super easy and guaranteed to be a hit! These creamy mashed potatoes are perfect for the holidays!
- 2 large russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 5–6 medium white potatoes or yukon gold
- 1 cup of milk
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 3 oz cream cheese
- garnish: parsley, fresh cracked pepper or chives
- Cut potatoes into quarters. Rinse off thoroughly and add to a large pot along with just enough water to cover the potatoes.
- Bring potatoes to a boil and cook until they are fork tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- In the meantime, to a small saucepan over medium heat, add butter and milk. Simmer, whisking the entire time, until butter is melted and the milk is warm.
- Next, drain the potatoes into a strainer then add back to the large pot, along with cream cheese, milk/butter mixture, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Using a potato masher or a hand mixer, mix/mash until the potatoes are the consistency you’d like. Add more salt to taste.
Keywords: homemade mashed potatoes, best mashed potatoes, creamy mashed potatoes, easy mashed potatoes, mashed potatoes recipe, garlic mashed potatoes, best mashed potatoes recipe, how to make mashed potatoes,