Gluten Free Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas covered in a smoky red chili sauce and gooey cheese. Simple ingredients and lots of flavor make these black bean enchiladas a must try dinner recipe!
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups diced sweet potatoes
- 14 oz. can low sodium black beans
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 8 oz. red enchilada sauce
- 10 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterrey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In the meantime, heat a medium skillet to medium high heat.
- Add grape seed oil to the pan. Then add in onions, saute until they are translucent. About 2-3 minutes. Next add in garlic cloves and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add in the sweet potatoes and saute until fork tender, stirring throughout, about 7-10 minutes.
- Next add in the black beans, cumin, smoked paprika, chili powder, salt to taste and cilantro. Stir everything together and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit.
- In the meantime, to an 8×8 baking dish add 2 tablespoons of enchilada sauce and spread out on the bottom. Set aside.
- Wrap corn tortillas in a wet paper towel and warm in microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- Place 2-3 tablespoons of sweet potato black bean mixture in one end of a corn tortilla. Gently roll and place seam side down in the prepared baking dish.
- Repeat process until mixture is gone.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over the prepared enchiladas. Cover with shredded monterrey jack cheese.
- Place in the oven and bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with desired toppings. (I used greek yogurt, avocado, japaleño and fresh cilantro)
- Serving Size: 2 enchiladas
- Calories: 295
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 581 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 51 g
- Fiber: 11 g
- Protein: 11 g
- Cholesterol: 3 mg
Keywords: easy enchiladas recipe, easy Mexican recipe, gluten free, vegetarian, black bean enchiladas, mexican food, sweet potato dinner recipe