A light and refreshing California Sushi Roll is made with creamy avocado, crunchy cucumber, and tender shrimp.
- 2 cups of cooked jasmine rice
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, shells removed and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cups diced cucumber
- 2 avocados, sliced
- black sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup diced chives
- tamari sauce
- optional: wasabi and fresh pickled ginger
- In a medium bowl add shrimp, garlic powder, salt, and ground pepper. Toss to coat.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add in the sesame oil and shrimp. Cook shrimp for 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove from pan and dice into smaller pieces.
- Using mini cheesecake spring forms (4×4 pan) with the bottom removed (if you don’t have that you could use a measuring cup and flip over or a ring mold).
- Put 1/2 cup of rice in the bottom of the mold. Using a spoon press down, next add 1/2 cup of cucumbers and press down, add in 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup of shrimp and press down. Top with sliced avocados. Garnish with black sesame seeds and chives.
- Serve tamari sauce, wasabi, and pickled ginger on the side.
- Serving Size: 1 stack
- Calories: 398
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 620 mg
- Fat: 17 g
- Carbohydrates: 35 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 27 g
Keywords: how to make sushi, how to make california roll, shrimp sushi