Sriracha Mac and Cheese is a classic dish amped up with spicy Sriracha hot sauce and a few secret ingredients for a healthier comfort food you’ll love!
- 1 lb. ritoni dreamfields pasta
- 1 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 heaping cup fontiago cheese, shredded (could use fontina, gouda, or white cheddar)
- 2 teaspoon sriracha
- salt & pepper to taste
- garnish with diced fresh basil (optional)
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat melt butter.
- Whisk in arrowroot, continually stirring the entire time.
- Add onions, cook for 2-3 minutes until translucent.
- Whisk in chicken broth, milk, and sriracha continue to whisk until lumps are gone. Raise to medium high heat, and cook for 10-12 minutes whisking on occasion. Sauce will start to thicken.
- Meanwhile add in pasta and cook until al dente, about 8-10 minutes. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Remove milk mixture from heat, add in shredded fontina cheese, salt, and pepper. Whisk until cheese is melted.
- Pour cheese mixture over the pasta, toss to combine.
- Garnish with extra cracked pepper and/or fresh basil.
To make this dish vegetarian just sub the chicken stock for vegetable stock
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 324
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 365 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Carbohydrates: 39 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 14 g
- Cholesterol: 8 mg
Keywords: sriracha recipe, spicy mac and cheese, easy mac and cheese recipe, healthy mac and cheese, homemade mac and cheese, homemade mac and cheese recipe, easy homemade mac and cheese, best homemade mac and cheese, macaroni and cheese recipe, homemade macaroni and cheese