- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 oz. of baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of dry parsley
- 2 teaspoons of dry oregano
- 1 tablespoon of dry basil
- 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 6 oz. of fresh spinach
- 2 tomatoes, each cut into 8 wedges
- 15 oz. can of crushed tomatoes
- 3 oz. of cream cheese
- 1 lb. of penne pasta
- Bring a large stockpot of water to a boil.
- In the meantime, heat a large saute pan to medium high heat. Add olive oil and minced garlic cloves.
- Saute for 30 seconds and add sliced baby portabella mushrooms. Saute for 8-10 minutes, until mushrooms are browned.
- Stir in dry parsley, dry oregano, red pepper flakes, dry basil, salt, and pepper.
- Next, add tomatoes wedges and fresh spinach. Stir, cover, and let saute for 5 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Next add crushed tomatoes and cream cheese. Stir until cream cheese is melted.
- Add 1 lb. of penne pasta into boiling water and cook for 8-10 minutes or until al dente. 🙂
- Drain water from pasta and toss with spinach mushroom tomato sauce.