An easy gluten free Spinach Mushroom Breakfast Skillet that comes together in less than 30 minutes! This Breakfast Skillet is loaded with fiber, protein and flavor your family will love. Perfect for brunch or dinner!
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- 1/4lb. pancetta, cubed
- 8 oz. sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups whole cherry tomatoes
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 5 eggs
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat.
- Add grape seed to pan along with diced pancetta. Saute until pancetta is slightly browned, about 3-5 minutes. Remove pancetta from pan with a slotted spoon and set on a plate.
- To the skillet add sliced baby bella mushrooms. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side so they are slightly browned on both sides. Season with salt and pepper. Remove the mushrooms from the pan and place on the same plate the pancetta is on.
- To the same skillet add cherry tomatoes. Saute until they just start to burst, stirring the whole time. Approximately 3-4 minutes. Next add in spinach and saute until just wilted, about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and pancetta back to the pan, stir to combine everything back together.
- Next, make 5 wells/holes in the veggie mixture. Crack one egg into each well. Turn the heat down to medium low. Cover the skillet. Cook eggs for 2-3 minutes for a running yolk and so the egg whites cook. Cook longer if you’d like a more well done egg.
- Remove skillet from heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and sliced avocado.
- Serving Size: 1 egg + veggies
- Calories: 242
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 956 mg
- Fat: 18 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 15 g
- Cholesterol: 186 mg
Keywords: healthy breakfast recipe, skillet breakfast recipe