Healthy Spiced Chai Banana Muffins with a secret ingredient for an extra nutritional boost. These muffins are butter free, refined sugar free & delicious!
- 3 bananas
- ¼ cup of honey
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup of unsweetened applesauce
- ⅓ cup of coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons of Bob’s Red Mill Chai Protein Powder
- 1⅔ cup of white whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, add bananas. Using a fork mash up bananas until just very small lumps are left. Add honey, vanilla extract, applesauce, coconut oil, and egg.
- Using a fork mix until combined.
- Add in chai protein powder, white whole wheat flour, salt, and baking soda. Using a spatula, mix until wet and dry ingredients are completely combined!
- Line each muffin tin with a cupcake liner (or spray with pam so muffins don’t stick to pan if not using liner).
- Fill each muffin tin ¾ of the way full.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes. Serve
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 173
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 206 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 27 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 16 mg
Keywords: healthy banana muffins recipe, easy banana muffins recipe, kid friendly muffins, favorite muffin recipes, best banana muffins