These Sour Cream & Chive Mashed Potatoes are creamy, thick and filled with garlic and chive flavor! The perfect mashed potatoes for this holiday season – they are a staple at our house!
- 3 lbs. Yukon gold potatoes (skin on)
- 3 large garlic cloves, whole
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 green onions, chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut potatoes into quarters. Rinse off thoroughly and add to a large pot along with peel whole garlic clove. Add just enough water to cover the potatoes.
- Place on stove and heat to medium high heat.
- Cook potatoes until they are fork tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and garlic cloves into a strainer. Once liquid is removed add potatoes and garlic back to the large pot, along with sour cream, cream cheese, garlic powder, green onions and salt to taste.
- Using a hand mixer, mix/mash until the potatoes are the consistency you’d like. Add salt to taste.
- Place mashed potatoes in an 9×9 baking dish. Drizzle the top with butter.
- Place in oven uncovered and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove and serve!
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 112
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 81 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 9 mg
Keywords: mashed potatoes, thanksgiving mashed potatoes, best mashed potatoes, sour cream mashed potatoes, thanksgiving side dish