This easy chicken dish is full of flavor from the use of coconut milk, smoky paprika, sun-dried tomatoes, and fresh basil!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs. chicken thighs (optional – remove skin)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 cup shallots
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons marsala cooking wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh basil
- 9 sun dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup coconut cream (coconut milk from a can)
- Heat large skillet to medium high heat.
- Add olive oil and shallots, saute until slightly caramelize. Approximately 3-4 minutes.
- In the meantime, add smoked paprika, cinnamon, sea salt, and ground pepper to a small bowl. Mix. Set aside.
- Pat dry chicken. Rub seasoning on skin side of chicken thighs. Set aside.
- Add garlic to the pan, saute for 30 seconds. Add in marsala cooking wine, fresh thyme, and basil. Cook down liquid for 1 minute, stirring the whole time.
- Add in chicken thighs, skin side down. (do not touch)
- Cook for 3-5 minutes, until you get some nice browning on the skin. Flip chicken, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, scrap all the brown bites off the pan. Add in sun dried tomatoes.
- Cover and cook chicken for 15-20 minutes until internal chicken temperature reaches 180 degrees.
- Serving Size: 1 chicken thigh + sauce
- Calories: 369
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 604 mg
- Fat: 20 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 27 g
- Cholesterol: 140 mg
Keywords: chicken thighs, chicken thigh marinade, braised chicken