This Skinny Cheesecake topped with fresh strawberries is made with greek yogurt and a few other simple ingredients. The perfect healthy & sweet dessert to satisfy those late night cravings!
- 1 cup 2% plain greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of cornstarch (or arrowroot)
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- splash of water
- drizzle of honey
- extra yogurt, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and fit two mini 1-cup jars into a baking dish. Fill the baking dish with water so the water comes up the sides of the jars about 1″. Set aside.
- In a mini food processor, combine the yogurt, sugar, egg, vanilla, and cornstarch. Pulse until well blended.
- Divide the mixture between the jars and bake for 23-26 minutes – the tops will appear set and may even start to turn very light brown.
- Cover the jars and chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, make the strawberry topping in a small saucepan, combine the sliced strawberries with a splash of water.
- Cook over medium heat until they collapse and the sauce starts to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in honey to taste.
- Let the strawberry sauce cool, then divide it evenly on top of the cheesecake jars.
- Garnish with extra yogurt and more fresh strawberries.
This recipe is from the cookbook Sweet & Simple by Christina Lane
Keywords: easy cheesecake, easy cheesecake recipe, healthy cheesecake recipe, cheesecake in a cup, cheesecake recipe with strawberries, strawberry cheesecake, strawberry cheesecake recipe, homemade cheesecake, simple cheesecake recipe