This tasty Shrimp Scampi Pasta Recipe uses healthy, gluten free zucchini noodles! Healthy family dinners are about to get a lot more delicious with this easy pasta dish!
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs. of shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1/2 cup of onions, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup of white wine
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- salt & pepper
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup of fresh basil, chopped
- 3 zucchini, made into noodles
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the shrimp.
- Immediately season shrimp with 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, salt & pepper.
- Saute each side for 2-3 minutes or until the shrimp turn opaque in color.
- Remove shrimp from the pan.
- Into the same skillet the shrimp were in add onions, saute from 3-4 minutes until translucent.
- Next add garlic and saute for 30 seconds, immediately add white wine to deglaze and scrap all the brown goodness off the bottom of the pan.
- Add in the cherry tomatoes, cover skillet and saute for 3-4 minutes or until tomatoes start to get somewhat soft.
- Add shrimp back to the pan, butter, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, and basil. Stir until butter melts.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet to medium high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan and then zucchini noodles.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes, and remove.
- Add noodles to the shrimp mixture, toss to coat and serve!
Keywords: shrimp scampi pasta, shrimp scampi pasta recipe, best shrimp scampi recipe, easy shrimp scampi recipe, zucchini pasta recipe, zucchini noodles recipe, gluten free pasta recipe, easy pasta dish