This savory Shrimp Pesto Pasta is a quick and easy dinner that’s full of classic Italian flavors! Shrimp and cherry tomatoes are nestled in with penne noodles, and it’s all covered in homemade pesto sauce.
- 1 1/2 lb. of shrimp (deveined, raw)
- 2 T. of coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 lb. of penne pasta
- Homemade Basil Pesto
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- Heat skillet to medium high heat.
- In small bowl, place raw shrimp, lemon zest, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat. Place coconut oil in hot skillet, then add shrimp.
- Sauté shrimp for 5-6 minutes, or until completely pink.
- In separate pot, put penne in boiling water and cook al dente. (usually 6-7 minutes)
- Drain noodles when finished, reserve 1 cup of cooking liquid.
- Mix all ingredients together: noodles, pesto, shrimp, reserved cooking liquid, and cherry tomatoes.
Keywords: pesto pasta, shrimp pesto pasta, shrimp pasta, lemon shrimp pasta, how to make pesto sauce, easy pasta recipes, best pasta recipes, pesto pasta recipes