An Easy Shredded Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Recipe that’s fall apart tender, flavorful and incredibly saucy. This healthy dinner in ready in 30 minutes – perfect on top of sandwiches, sweet potatoes, salads and more.
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablepoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 1/4 cup of your favorite BBQ Sauce (I used Stubbs Original)
- 1/4 cup chicken bone broth
- To an instant pot add chicken breast, chicken thighs, spices, onions, bbq sauce and chicken broth.
- Close lid and secure.
- Set Instant Pot to Pressure Cooker setting, on High for 14 minutes.
- Once done, do a natural release for 15 minutes then press the pressure valve to do a forced release for the rest.
- Shred chicken with two forks, a stand mixer or a hand mixer.
- Serving Size: 4 oz.
- Calories: 188
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 372 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 22 g
- Cholesterol: 33 mg
Keywords: instant pot bbq chicken, bbq chicken instant pot, bbq chicken recipe