- 10 oz. shaved brussels sprouts
- 2 cups of arugula
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 granny smith apple, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup shaved white cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup pecan pieces
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat a medium skillet to medium hight heat. Add pecans, butter, and brown sugar.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring the entire time. Until butter and brown sugar melt and begin to stick to the pecans.
- Place pecans on tin foil or parchment paper to cool down.
- In the meantime, add fresh lemon juice, olive oil, maple syrup, whole grain mustard, garlic clove, salt, and pepper to a small bowl. Using a whisk, stir until completely mixed together. (basically until there is no more separation between the oil and lemon juice) Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add brussels sprouts, arugula, pomegranate, granny smith, shaved white cheddar cheese, and candied pecans.
- Top with dressing. Gently toss. Serve.