Seared Scallops with Corn Relish filled with pea sprouts, bacon and red pepper. An easy light recipe that screams summer with an easy “how to” to ensure you get perfectly seared scallops every time.
- 10 oz. sea scallops, patted dry
- salt & pepper to season
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 ears of corn
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 2 strips of bacon, cooked and roughly chopped
- 1 cup pea shoots
- juice of lime (about 1 tablespoon)
- For the corn relish: preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Place the corn on the grill and grill each side for 3-4 minute until there are char marks. Remove from grill. Cut the corn kernels off the cob and place in a medium bowl.
- To the bowl with corn, add diced red pepper, cooked bacon, and pea shoots. Toss everything together. Add lime juice and gently toss again.
- For the scallops: pat the scallops dry using a kitchen towel. Let the scallops rest on a kitchen towel for 5 minutes. (to make sure all the liquid is out)
- Salt and pepper each side of the scallop.
- Bring a large skillet to medium high heat. (Make sure it’s hot)
- Add grape seed oil pan, once it is hot gently add the seasoned scallops to the pan. Making sure they are not touching each other.
- Let them sear for 1 1/2 minutes, so they are lightly browned around the rim of the scallop.
- Gently flip the scallops over. Remove the pan from the heat. Add the butter and put the pan back over the heat.
- Sear scallops on the other side for another 1 1/2 minutes.
- Remove and serve scallops on a bed of the corn relish.
- Serving Size: 3 oz. scallop + 1 cup relish
- Calories: 289
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 487 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 30 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 16 g
- Cholesterol: 46 mg
Keywords: seafood, gluten free, grilling, 30 minute meal, how to cook scallops, scallops recipe