Tender grilled Carne Asada that’s marinaded in a homemade Salsa Verde then charred to perfection for one authentic mexican dish! This flavorful low carb Carne Asada will be a hit at your house! Great for a weeknight dinner or dinner parties!
- 6–7 tomatillos, husks removed and halved
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1 jalapeno, halved (seeds removed if you don’t like spicy)
- 3 garlic cloves, skins removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- salt and pepper
- 2 lbs. skirt steak
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place tomatillos, onion, jalapeno and garlic cloves on baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until tomatillos are slightly browned.
- Remove from oven and place all the vegetables in a food processor or blender. Then add cumin, cilantro, lime juice and salt (to taste) to the blender. Blend until the contents are smooth and looks like salsa.
- Add skirt steaks to a large ziplock bag. Pour half the salsa verde in the ziplock with the steak. Close the ziplock and move the salsa around to completely cover the steak. Marinade for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat, approximately 375-400 degrees F.
- Spray grill grates with cooking spray or rub down with an olive oil soaked rag.
- Place skirt steak on the grill and grill each side for 4-5 minutes or until the internal temperature is 145 degrees F.
- Remove from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice the steak against the grain and top with remaining salsa verde.
- Serving Size: 4 oz + sauce
- Calories: 294
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 124 mg
- Fat: 17 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 30 g
- Cholesterol: 68 mg
Keywords: easy grilling recipe, best grilled steak recipe, gluten free, paleo, carne asada, grilled beef, grilled carne asada, healthy Mexican recipes, skirt steak recipe