These Salmon Poke Bowls are bursting with flavor and are a super easy light dinner. Marinated salmon that’s baked until caramelized served on a bed of basmati rice with cucumbers, mango, edamame and creamy avocado then drizzled with a spicy mayo for the win!
For the Salmon Poke
- 1 lb. raw salmon skin removed, cut into 1” cubes
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons tamari sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
For the Sriracha Mayo Sauce
- 3 tablespoons mayo
- 3 teaspoons sriracha
For the Bowls
- 2 bags of Success Basmati Boil-in-Bag Rice
- 2 cups cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup edamame
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mango, diced
- 1 cup sliced scallions
Make the Salmon Poke
- To a large bowl add sesame oil, tamari sauce, rice wine vinegar, garlic, ginger and black sesame seeds. Whisk to combine.
- Add cubes salmon to the bowl. Toss to coat the salmon with the sauce and let marinate for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Add salmon cubes to a tin foil lined baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes. Remove and let rest.
Boil the Rice
- Add 8 cups of water to a pot. Submerge Success Bastami rice bag into the water. Bring to a boil and boil uncovered for 10 minutes. Remove bag immediately from water with a fork, drain, empty rice into serving dish and fluff with fork. Set aside.
Make the Sriracha Mayo Sauce
- To a small bowl add mayonnaise and sriracha. Stir with a spoon until combined. Set aside.
Assemble the Bowls
- To a bowl add 1 cup of basmati rice, 1/2 cup sliced cucumber, 1/4 cup edamame, 1/4 of an avocado, 1/4 cup of diced mango, 1/4 cup of scallions, 4 -6 oz. of cubes salmon and drizzle with sriracha mayo.
- To Store: Although salmon poke bowls are meant to be enjoyed fresh, leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 day. Separate everything out so each component has its own airtight container.
- To Reheat: The salmon can be reheated in a 275°F oven for about 15 minutes, or until it reaches 125°F. Add a little oil to prevent it from drying out. Reheat the rice in the microwave with a splash of water to rehydrate it.
Keywords: salmon poke, sriracha mayo, poke bowls