- 2.5lb ground white turkey
- 1 T. cumin
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt & pepper
- 1 egg
- 3 red peppers, roasted
- 2 poblano peppers, roasted
- hamburger buns
- goat cheese (optional)
- avocado (optional)
- Chop up onion, fresh cilantro, and garlic cloves.
- Add all of these ingredients to a bowl along with ground white turkey meat.
- Mix together then add egg, cumin, salt & pepper.
- Make sure all ingredients are thoroughly combined. Form 1/4lb. burger and set aside.
- Turn the grill on to medium high heat. Season red peppers and poblano peppers with olive oil, salt & pepper. Place them on the grill.
- Roast peppers, continually turning so all sides are charred. (about 5-7 minutes)
- Bring peppers inside and let sit. Put formed burger patties on the grill. Grill for 5-6 minutes per side. (if you do it more than that they will be dry so pay attention to the time)
- Once burgers are done, set aside.
- Deseed and julienee your roasted peppers from the grill. (I usually leave the charred skin on because I like the taste, but if you want to take it off you can just use a knife to scrap the outside shell off)
- Alright, time to put this bad boy together! Bring out your buns (I toast mine because I like them warm and crunchy), next your turkey burger, then add a little bit of your red peppers and poblanos.
- Thats the main part of the burger, for additional toppings I added 1 slice of goat cheese and sliced avocado. YUM!!!