This Roasted Garlic Hummus is an easy and flavor-packed way to make hummus at home.
- 28oz. canned of low sodium chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 3–4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 12–14 roasted garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1–2 tablespoons of water
- Make Roasted Garlic by following my easy “how to roast garlic” tutorial.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas in or colander with water. Place chickpeas on a paper towel. Using another paper towel gently rub the chickpeas to help the skin fall off. (I recommend removing the skin from at least half of the chickpeas to help with a creamy texture. It’s tedious but worth it.)
- To a food processor add chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, roasted garlic cloves, cumin and salt. Blend for 2-3 minutes until the hummus is nice and creamy.
- If your hummus seems too thick add a couple tablespoons of water to thin it out.
- Serve immediately or store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 159
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 344 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 21 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: homemade hummus, garlic hummus