These easy Roasted Cauliflower Steaks with Chimichurri Sauce are naturally gluten free and only 106 calories! Who knew cauliflower could taste so good – this recipe is downright addicting!
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano
- juice of one lime
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Set aside.
- To prepare the cauliflower: Gently cut the stem and leaves of the head of cauliflower, remove. Be careful to still keep the cauliflower in tact. Cut the cauliflower in half, and then in half again so you have four even pieces about 1-1 1/2″ thick. If you’d like to shave the edge of the rounded piece so it is flat, do so. Place cauliflower steaks on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle both sides of cauliflower with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, using your hands rub the olive oil in. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20 minutes. Using a spatula, gently flip the steak over. Roast an additional 15-20 minutes. Steaks should be somewhat tender and slightly browned.
- Remove and set aside.
- To make the chimichurri sauce: add garlic clove to a food processor, blend until garlic is minced. Add in red pepper flakes, cilantro, oregano, lime juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Blend until it cilantro is finely chopped and mixture looks like a sauce/paste, about 1 minute.
- Serve cauliflower steaks with chimichurri sauce.
- Serving Size: 1 steak + sauce
- Calories: 106
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 213 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 5 g
Keywords: roasted cauliflower recipe, roasted cauliflower recipe whole, best cauliflower recipe, easy cauliflower recipe, chimichurri sauce, chimichurri recipe, chimichurri on steak, healthy side dish, low calorie recipe