- 4 slices of whole wheat, toasted
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 4 eggs
- 6 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 3 avocado, mashed
- 4 tablespoons harissa
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Fill a large skillet about 1 1/2″ full of water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add bread to toaster and toast until slightly browned. Remove and let sit.
- Add a splash of white vinegar to the boiling water (about 1 teaspoon). Immediately add in 4 eggs spacing them out. Cover. Turn burners off.
- Leave eggs covered with the heat off for 4-5 minutes.
- In the meantime, add 1 1/2 tablespoons of ricotta to each piece of toast, as well as 1/4 cup of mashed avocado, and 1 tablespoon of harissa.
- Once eggs poached. Gently remove from water (be sure to drain any liquid from pan) and place on top of assembled toast.
- Garnish with green onions.
- Serving Size: 1 avocado toast with egg
- Calories: 269
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 342 mg
- Fat: 17 g
- Carbohydrates: 19 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 14 g
- Cholesterol: 193 mg