Quick & Easy Fresh Shrimp Ceviche filled with lime juice, tender shrimp and fresh veggies then seasoned with garlic, cumin, jalapeño and more in! It’s an ultra healthy bite – perfect for a side dish, an appetizer or main dish!
- 1 lb. small raw shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 1/2 cup english cucumber, diced
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt & pepper
- Dice prepared shrimp up into smaller bite size pieces. (about 1/4″-1/2″)
- Add shrimp to a large bowl and pour lime juice over the shrimp. Toss to coat the shrimp and let sit for 5 to 10 minutes. The acid from the lime juice will cook the shrimp and turn it opaque in color. That’s how you know it’s done.
- Next, add cucumber, tomato, jalapeno, red onion, cilantro, garlic cloves, cumin, salt and pepper to the bowl with the shrimp. Toss to mix. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Serve as is or with tortilla chips.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 65
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 229 mg
- Fat: 1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 13 g
- Cholesterol: 97 mg
Keywords: shrimp ceviche, shrimp ceviche recipe, best ceviche recipe, shrimp recipes, how to make ceviche, how to cook shrimp, seafood dishes, easy seafood recipes