This amazing Polka Dot Lasagna Skillet is made in just 30 minutes! It’s one of those quick and easy weeknight meals that your family always looks forward to!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 teasspoon dry fennel, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups pasta sauce
- 2 cups bowtie pasta, uncooked
- 2 1/2 cups water
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Brown the ground beef and drain excess fat.
- Return skillet to the stove and add crushed fennel, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, and onion powder, stirring until the beef mixture becomes slightly fragrant.
- Add the pasta sauce, uncooked pasta, water, and red pepper flakes.
- Stir and bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cover.
- Simmering for about 18-20 minutes, or until pasta is fully cooked.
- In the meantime combine ricotta, egg, parmesan cheese, basil, flour, garlic powder, salt, and apper in a large bowl. Mix until combined.
- Scoop large dollops of cheese mixture on top of the cooked pasta while it is still in the skillet. Make sure to space them out.
- Cover and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese has set.
Keywords: skillet lasagna, easy lasagna recipe, easy meat lasagna recipe, easy lasagna, best lasagna, best lasagna recipe, best lasagna recipe in the world, beef lasagna, beef lasagna recipe