The Perfect Keto Bacon Cheeseburger made with lean ground bison served on a wedge of lettuce and topped with classic burger fixings. This low carb Bacon Cheeseburger is one epic summer grilling recipe – juicy, cheesy and loaded with flavor!
- 1 lb. ground bison meat (you could also use lean ground beef 93/7)
- salt & pepper to season
- 4 slices of sharp or medium cheddar cheese (I used tillamook)
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce, sliced into wedges
- 4 thick slices of vine ripe tomatoes
- 4 slices of red onion
- condiments of your choosing: ketchup, mayo, mustard
The Cheeseburgers (Bison Burger)
- Preheat grill to medium high heat, approximately 375-400 degrees F.
- Form ground bison meat into four 1/4 lb. patties.
- Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Clean grill grates and spray with cooking spray or rub with olive oil soaked rag.
- Place burgers on the grill. Grill the first side for 4 minutes, with closed grill. Flip burger and grill the other side for 3 minutes with closed grill.
- Then, place a slice of cheese on each burger and close the grill. Let the burgers cook and cheese melt for 1 minute and remove from grill.
Assemble Bacon Cheeseburgers:
- To a plate add a wedge of lettuce, then bison cheeseburger, top with cooked bacon (I slice mine in half and criss cross them), a slice of tomato, red onion, pickles and a condiment of your choosing.
- Serving Size: 1 burger
- Calories: 335
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 696 mg
- Fat: 22 g
- Saturated Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 31 g
- Cholesterol: 78 mg
Keywords: bacon cheeseburger, keto cheeseburger, cheeseburger recipe, burger recipe, best burger recipe, best hamburger recipe, grilled hamburger recipe, how to cook bison burgers, keto burger recipes, summer grilling ideas, summer grilling recipes, 4th of july recipes