Learn how to make the Perfect Creamy White Queso Dip Recipe from scratch. This Easy Queso Dip uses real cheese, I guarantee you’ll never go back to using velvetta again!
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 large poblano, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup milk (I used 2%)
- 1 lb. white american cheese, cut into cubes
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 oz. green chilies
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, diced
- optional: top with fresh pico de gallo
- Heat a large nonstick pan to medium high heat.
- Add avocado oil, red onion, poblano and garlic to the pan. Sauté for 3-4 minutes, until onions are translucent.
- To the vegetables, add in cumin, chili powder and salt. Stir to coat the vegetables then add in milk, american cheese and cream cheese.
- Cook at low heat and continue to stir throughout until the cheese is melted and smooth then add in green chilis.
- Once smooth, finish with fresh cilantro and salt to taste.
- Optional: garnish with fresh pico de gallo.
**Transfer to a small crockpot to keep warm during a party.
Crockpot Option: If you want to make this in a crockpot. Just sauté the vegetables first, then add everything (except for cilantro) to the crockpot and turn to LOW. Cook until cheese is melted, stirring throughout. Finish with cilantro.
Keywords: white queso dip, queso dip recipe, how to make queso dip, white queso dip recipe, easy queso dip, mexican dip, queso cheese dip