- 3 cup of vegetable broth
- 1 cup of polenta
- 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan
- salt & pepper
Lemon Thyme Wild Mushrooms:
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of shallots, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups of cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup of shitaki, sliced
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of fresh thyme, chopped
- Add vegetable broth to a medium size saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Slowly stir in polenta with a whisk.
- Reduce heat and allow polenta to cook for 30 minutes, stirring frequently so that the polenta does not stick to sides.
- In the meantime, heat a medium non-stick saute pan to medium high heat. Add olive oil and sliced shallots. Saute for 3-4 minutes until shallots are translucent.
- Next add minced garlic clove and saute for 30 seconds.
- Immediately add in sliced cremini mushrooms with sliced shitaki mushrooms.
- Saute for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Finish off the mushrooms with lemon juice and chopped fresh thyme.
- Next, to the polenta, add in 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan, salt, and pepper to taste and serve!