This easy Pan Seared Salmon recipe is a flavorful dinner that takes just 30 minutes to make! Topped with a dairy free creamy dijon sauce, you’ll be amazed by how delicious this quick dinner idea is.
Pan Seared Salmon:
- (6) 4 oz. salmon filets
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
Creamy Dijon Sauce:
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons white cooking wine
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk (from a can)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- salt & pepper to taste
- To a small bowl add dry basil, dry oregano, garlic powder and salt. Using a spoon stir to mix and season the flesh side of the salmon filets.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat and add avocado oil. Add salmon into the pan flesh side down first. Cook for 5 minutes and gently flip. Cook salmon on the skin side for 4 minutes.
- Remove the salmon from the pan and let rest.
- Immediately add in chicken broth and white cooking wine. Using a wooden spoon, scrap the bites off the bottom of the pan to deglaze.
- Add in garlic cloves and saute for 30 seconds.
- Next add in coconut milk, dijon mustard, stone ground mustard and lemon juice. Whisk to combine everything and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Then add fresh thyme and salt to taste, let simmer for 1 minute.
- Serve creamy mustard sauce over the salmon.
- Serving Size: 1 salmon filet + sauce
- Calories: 341
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 231 mg
- Fat: 22 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 27 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: salmon recipes, pan seared salmon recipe, healthy salmon recipes, easy salmon recipes, healthy dinner ideas, creamy dijon sauce, how to make dijon sauce, keto salmon recipes, low carb salmon recipes, quick dinner idea