This 20-minute fish dinner is incredibly simple to make. Pan searing the sea bass creates the perfect golden brown crust. Then the fish is smothered with rich ghee with added flavors of garlic and lemon.
- 4 Chilean Sea Bass filets (4–6 oz each)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- parsley, for garnish
- Pat chilean sea bass dry with a paper towel. Season flesh side with both salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of ghee to the pan, once melted add sea bass into the pan skin side down first.
- Sear for 5 minutes. Flip and sear on flesh side for 5 minutes.
- Flip again. Add in 2 tablespoons of ghee and garlic cloves. Spoon the garlic butter over the top of each sea bass to cover.
- Add in lemon slices onto the skillet. Cook an additional 4-6 minutes, or until fish is tender and flaky. Do not overcook.
- Once fish is cooked through, immediately remove from pan to the stop the cooking process, pour the remaining butter sauce over top and garnish with cooked lemon slices and fresh parsley.
Keywords: how to cook chilean sea bass, chilean sea bass recipe