Made with fresh grapefruit juice, lime juice, tequila blanco and more, this fruity Paloma Cocktail is the perfect happy hour thirst-quencher! It’s a classic Mexican mixed drink that comes together in a snap.
- 2 oz. tequila blanco
- 2 oz. fresh grapefruit juice
- 1/2 oz. Cointreau
- 1/2 oz. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 oz. maple syrup (simple syrup or agave would work too)
- 1–2oz. grapefruit sparkling water
- 4–6 lime wedges
- 1–2 tablespoons of tajín seasoning
- Place tajín on a plate.
- Take a lime wedge and rub along the rim of a cup.
- Place the cup rim side down in the tajín-filled plate to coat the rim with tajín. Fill the cup with ice.
- To a cocktail shaker add tequila, grapefruit juice, Cointreau, lime juice and maple syrup. Add 3-4 ice cubes. Put the top on and shake vigorously until the cocktail shaker is frosted.
- Strain the Paloma mixture over ice and top with grapefruit sparkling water.
- Garnish with grapefruit wedge, lime wedge and mint sprig.
To Store: Pour the shaken cocktail into an empty glass, cover it tightly with plastic wrap and keep it in the fridge for up to 1 day. When ready to serve, add the ice, pour in the sparkling water and enjoy.
Keywords: tequila cocktail, paloma drink, grapefruit cocktail