Easy Delicious Southwest Chicken Salad with a zesty Cilantro Lime Dressing. This veggie and protein packed mason jar salad is the perfect meal prep for the week – only takes 30 minutes!
- 1 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 14 oz can of low sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 avocados, diced
- 6 cups green leaf lettuce, sliced or torn
Corn Pepper Relish:
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- 1 1/2 cup corn
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Cilantro Lime Dressing:
- 1 tablespoon shallots
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- To a food processor add shallots, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, red wine vinegar, honey, mustard, salt, cumin and smoked paprika. Pulse until the cilantro it finely chopped.
- Add in olive oil and pulse until the it forms a dressing. (until the oil and vinegar no longer separate) Set aside.
- Heat a medium sauce pan to medium high heat. Add grape seed oil to the pan along with corn. Saute until the corn is slightly charred, stirring occasionally. (about 5-7 minutes)
- Next, add in red pepper, onion and salt to the pan. Saute for 2-3 minutes. Let cool.
- Once corn pepper relish is cooled start to assemble mason jars.
- You’ll need 4 32 oz. mason jars.
- Layer as each jar as follows: 2-3 tablespoons of dressing, 3 oz. black beans, 1/4 cup halved cherry tomatoes, 1/2 cup corn pepper relish, 1/2 avocado diced, 1 1/2 cups lettuce, 1/3 cup shredded chicken.
- Seal and store in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- When eat just dump all the ingredients out into a bowl, toss and eat!
- Serving Size: 1 mason jar
- Calories: 454
- Sugar: 11 g
- Sodium: 568 mg
- Fat: 23 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 45 g
- Fiber: 11 g
- Protein: 18 g
- Cholesterol: 17 mg
Keywords: easy chicken salad, chicken salad recipe, southwest chicken salad, gluten free recipes, paleo chicken recipes, 30 minute meal, healthy salad recipes, mason jar salads, high protein recipes, cilantro lime dressing