This Overnight Chai Eggnog French Toast Casserole is the perfect make ahead breakfast for Christmas morning! It’s loaded with flavor, plus it’s gluten free and dairy free so everyone can enjoy!
- 1 family size loaf gluten free bread, cut into 1″ cubes (i used udi’s)
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups lactose free eggnog (i used lactaid)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cardamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon clove
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Grease a 13×9 pan with cooking spray.
- Add cubes gluten free bread to baking dish.
- To a large bowl add, eggs, eggnog, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, cardamon, nutmeg, ginger, clove and salt. Whisk until everything is smooth and combined.
- Pour the egg mixture over the cubed bread.
- Using your hands, gently press bread down so the custard covers each piece of bread.
- Wrap with tin foil and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove casserole from the refrigerator.
- Sprinkle sliced almonds on top of the eggnog french toast casserole.
- Bake covered for 35 minutes. Remove the foil and bake an additional 10 minutes. Until slightly browned on top.
- Optional: Garnish with powdered sugar
- Serve with maple syrup.
Keywords: french toast casserole, overnight french toast, make ahead french toast, christmas morning brunch, christmas morning breakfast