Overnight Chai Eggnog French Toast Casserole loaded with flavor, plus it’s gluten free and dairy free! This french toast casserole is the perfect make ahead breakfast for Christmas morning!
- 1 family size loaf gluten free bread, cut into 1″ cubes (i used udi’s)
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups lactose free eggnog (i used lactaid)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cardamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon clove
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Grease a 13×9 pan with cooking spray.
- Add cubes gluten free bread to baking dish.
- To a large bowl add, eggs, eggnog, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, cardamon, nutmeg, ginger, clove and salt. Whisk until everything is smooth and combined.
- Pour the egg mixture over the cubed bread.
- Using your hands, gently press bread down so the custard covers each piece of bread.
- Wrap with tin foil and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove casserole from the refrigerator.
- Sprinkle sliced almonds on top of the eggnog french toast casserole.
- Bake covered for 35 minutes. Remove the foil and bake an additional 10 minutes. Until slightly browned on top.
- Optional: Garnish with powdered sugar
- Serve with maple syrup.