Oven Baked Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs with brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes. This Baked Chicken Thigh recipe is an easy one pan meal perfect for a quick healthy weeknight dinner.
- 4 bone in chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 cups halved brussels sprouts
- 1 medium sweet potato, diced
- 1/2 red onion, cut into quarters
- 1 red pepper, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper to season
Honey Mustard Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon course stone ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place baking sheet in oven while the oven is preheating.
- To a large bowl add brussels sprouts, sweet potato, red onion, red pepper, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss to coat everything with seasoning.
- To a small bowl add course stone ground mustard, dijon mustard, honey, apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, garlic clove, fresh thyme, salt and pepper. Whisk to mix everything together. Remove 2 tablespoons of the mixture and set the rest to the side.
- Pat chicken dry. Then season with salt and pepper on both sides. Using a pastry brush, evenly brush the 2 tablespoons of the honey mustard mixture across the skin side of all 4 chicken thighs.
- When oven is down preheating. Remove the baking sheet from the oven (be careful because it will be hot). Place seasoned chicken thighs, skin side down on baking sheet and spread veggies out around the chicken breasts. Be sure to put them in a single layer and not to crowd the pan. (if you need to use another baking sheet for the veggies do so)
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 18 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Flip the chicken over and bake an additional 10-15 minutes. You want the internal temperature of the chicken to be 165 degrees F.
- Serving Size: 4 oz chicken + vegetables
- Calories: 513
- Sugar: 14 g
- Sodium: 228 mg
- Fat: 33 g
- Saturated Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 23 g
- Cholesterol: 113 mg
Keywords: gluten free, chicken, chicken thighs recipe, sheet meal, paleo, baked chicken, honey mustard chicken, baked vegetables, simple baked chicken