Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars – thick chewy oatmeal bars loaded with pumpkin flavor and melted chocolate in every bite. These Bars scream fall and are only 135 calories a serving!
- 3 cups regular oats (not quick oats)
- 1½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9×9 baking dish with cooking spray and cover with parchment paper. (this will help you remove the bars more easily later)
- To a food processor add 1½ cups of the regular oats. Blend until the oats become more of an oat flour or powder, about 1-2 minutes. Pour oat flour into a medium bowl with the remaining whole oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- To a large bowl, add finely pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vanilla extract and apple sauce. Whisk together until combined.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Add oatmeal mixture to prepared 9×9 baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until top is golden brown and toothpick test comes out clean.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 135
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 81 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg