This Homemade Fire Cider Recipe makes a sweet & spicy tonic that boosts your immune system and stimulates digestion. It also helps you fight off colds and flu, improves circulation and acts as a natural decongestant.
- 1/3 cup peeled fresh horseradish, diced
- 1/2 cup peeled fresh ginger, diced or sliced
- 10 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1/2 large orange, sliced (with peel)
- 1 lemon, sliced or cut into wedges
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 5 to 7 thyme sprigs
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup of raw honey
- 2 cups raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- To a large sealable jar, add horseradish, ginger, garlic, onion, jalapeno, cinnamon sticks, star anise, peppercorns, orange, lemon, rosemary and thyme. Gently press ingredients down. Cover with apple cider vinegar until everything is completely submerged.
- Seal the jar (if you’re using a metal lid, place a piece of parchment paper between jar and lid to prevent a corrosive reaction with vinegar).
- Store in a cool, dark place, shaking for a few seconds every day or two, at least 3 weeks and up to 6 weeks.
- After 3 weeks, strain through a cheesecloth or a fine-mesh sieve. Throw the solids out. Then stir the honey in. Fire Cider should be stored in a sealed container in refrigerator up to 1 month.
Keywords: fire cider recipe, fire cider benefits, fire cider tonic, fire cider ingredients, natural remedies, immune boosting, cold remedy, flu remedy