Moroccan Harissa Grilled Chicken Legs the perfect grilling recipe to wow the crowd this summer!
- 4.5 lbs. chicken drumsticks (or legs)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoons paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 oz. jar of mild or spicy harissa (I used Mina brand)
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees. Leaving one side of the grill off with indirect heat (or no coals on one side).
- In a small bowl add garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, cumin, cinnamon, salt, and pepper.
- Add chicken legs to a large ziplock bag, then add the spice blend to the bag. Cover and mix around to cover the legs with the seasoning.
- Place chicken legs on the grill and flip every 5-7 minutes. Once they start to brown move to the indirect heat side so you don’t burn them!
- When the internal temperature reached 185-190 degrees. Baste the chicken legs with harissa sauce and let cook an addition 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from grill and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.