This easy Mini Baked Crab Cakes recipe is seriously delicious! Made with lump crab meat, yogurt, lemon, gluten free panko and topped with a spicy sriracha sauce. These crab cakes are the perfect healthy party appetizer!
Mini Crab Cakes
- 16 oz. fresh lump crab meat, drained of excess water
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon old bay seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup red pepper, finely diced
- salt to taste
- 1 cup gluten free panko crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- For Sriracha Sauce: to a small bowl add yogurt, sriracha sauce, garlic powder and smoked paprika. Mix together and set aside.
- Spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- To a large bowl add, lump crap meat, yogurt, egg, lemon juice, lemon zest, old bay seasoning, chives, red onion, red pepper and salt to taste. Gently mix ingredients, so as not to break down the crab too much. Set aside.
- In a small bowl add gluten free panko, parmesan cheese and melted butter. Gently toss.
- Add a small scoop to just fill the bottom of each mini muffin tin. (will be 24 mini muffins)
- Press the panko mixture down using a spoon.
- Spoon the crab mixture into each cup.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edges are slightly browned and crispy. Remove pan from oven and scoop crab cakes out.
- Serve warm with Sriracha Sauce.
- Serving Size: 2 crab cakes
- Calories: 127
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 411 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 13 g
- Cholesterol: 74 mg
Keywords: baked crab cakes, mini crab cakes, how to make crab cakes, seafood recipes, easy crab recipes, gluten free recipes, healthy appetizer, party appetizer, easy party food recipes,