Up your salad game this summer with this Mexican Chopped Salad with Poblano Dressing. This healthy salad recipe is filled with kale, grilled vegetables, avocado and grilled chipotle chicken then drizzled with a homemade dressing.
Chipotle Chicken Breast:
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dry cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper
- 2 ears of corn
- 4 cups finely chopped romaine
- 2 cups finely chopped kale
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup low sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 2 avocados, sliced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- ½ cup roughly chopped poblanos
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 garlic clove
- salt & pepper to taste
- To a food processor add fresh cilantro and poblano. Blend until finely chopped. Next add olive oil, lime juice, red wine vinegar, honey, cumin, smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic clove, salt and pepper. Blend until the mixture is smooth and emulsified. (meaning there is no oil and vinegar separation) Set aside.
- Heat grill to medium high heat, about 375-400 degrees F.
- To a small bowl add garlic powder, smoked paprika, cumin, dry cilantro, ancho chili powder, black pepper and sea salt. Mix together.
- Add spice rub to both sides of the chicken breast and rub into the chicken.
- Drizzle olive oil over red onion slices, red pepper and corn. Rub the oil into each piece of vegetable.
- Place seasoned chicken breasts on the grill as well as vegetables.
- Grill the chicken for 5-7 minutes on each side, until there is no more pink. Grill the vegetables for 4-5 minutes per side until they are slightly charred. Remove from grill. Let chicken rest for 3 minutes to let juices settle then slice.
- Chop the red pepper and red onion into small pieces. Cut corn from the cob.
- To a large bowl add chopped romaine lettuce, chopped kale, roasted vegetables, sliced green onions, cherry tomatoes, black beans, pepitas, sliced avocado and sliced chicken breast.
- Toss the salad together. Serve with poblano dressing on the side.
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 339
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 305 mg
- Fat: 18 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 27 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 23 g
- Cholesterol: 43 mg
Keywords: mexican chopped salad, chopped salad recipe, salad with chicken recipe, recipe for salad with chicken, how to make salad with chicken, grilled chicken salad, salad with chicken recipe easy, salad with grilled chicken recipe, healthy salad with chicken recipe