- 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup finely diced yellow pepper
- 1/3 cup finely diced english cucumber
- 1/3 cup fined diced kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon freshly diced mint
- 1 teaspoon freshly dice oregano
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt to taste
- 8 vine ripe tomatoes, seeds scooped out
- In a small saucepan add quinoa and water. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes or until water is gone.
- Fluff quinoa with a fork.
- Add quinoa to a medium bowl with yellow pepper, cucumber, kalamata olives, feta cheese, and green onion.
- In a small bowl add mint, oregano, dijon mustard, honey, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Whisk until emulsified or until there is no more separation between oil & vinegar.
- Add dressing to the quinoa bowl and stir to coat everything in the dressing. Set aside.
- Using a pairing knife, cut a hole in the top of the tomato. Take the stem off the tomato. Using a small spoon scoop the seeds out of the tomato through the hole you created up top.
- Fill each tomato with the quinoa mixture.
- Serving Size: 1 tomato
- Calories: 142
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 95 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 19 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 4 mg