Filled with tasty vegetables, toasted almonds and a white balsamic vinaigrette, this Mediterranean Orzo Pasta Salad will make you swoon! It’s the ultimate salad to serve with seafood or chicken, and it’s wicked easy to make.
For the Orzo Pasta Salad
- 1 lb. orzo
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, diced (use the ones in olive oil because they still have moisture in them)
- 15 oz. can whole artichokes, fined diced (drained)
- 1 orange bell pepper, fined diced
- 3 green onions, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons basil, thinly sliced
- 2 oz. slivered almonds
For the White Balsamic Dressing
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, add garlic clove, dijon mustard, honey, white balsamic, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Heat a saute pan to medium high heat, add almonds and toast for 2-3 minutes. Stirring on occasion so as not to burn. Remove from pan when slightly browned and place on plate.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add in orzo and cook until al dente according to package instructions, about 8-10 minutes.
- Drain pasta and place in a large bowl, add in sun dried tomatoes, artichokes, orange bell pepper, green onions, basil, and dressing.
- Toss to combine.
- Add toasted almonds right before serving. Toss to combine and serve!
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 209
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 71 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 32 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 6 g
Keywords: orzo salad, orzo pasta salad, mediterranean salad, easy pasta salad, healthy salad