This Cranberry Kale Salad is made with Mandarin oranges and candied pecans. It’s such a delicious appetizer or side dish recipe, even people who hate kale will love this salad!
- 1 bunch of kale, torn into pieces (about 4–5 cups)
- 1 radicchio, thinly sliced (core removed)
- 15 oz. can of mandarin orange segments, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dry basil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add kale pieces to a large bowl. Add a dash of sea salt. Using your hands massage the kale to break down and soften. About 2-3 minutes. The kale will turn more of a forest green and smell fragrant, thats when you know you’re done.
- To that same bowl add, raddichio, mandarin oranges, cranberries, and green onions. Set aside.
- Heat a medium skillet to medium high heat. Add pecans, brown sugar, and butter. Cook for about 3-5 minutes, stirring the entire time, until the butter and sugar are melted and coat the pecans. Remove the pan and let cool on a plate or sheet of tin foil.
- In the meantime, to make the dressing, add apple cider vinegar, olive oil, stone ground mustard, raw honey, dry basil, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to a medium bowl. Using a whisk, mix the dressing together until the oil and vinegar no longer separate.
- Top the salad with the candied pecans and serve with dressing.
Keywords: mandarin orange salad, cranberry kale salad, cranberry salad recipe, kale salad recipe, candied pecan salad, salad with candied pecans, best salad recipe, easy salad recipe