This Copycat Zuppa Toscana Soup recipe is loaded with sausage, bacon, cauliflower and kale. Made in the Instant Pot and full of flavor, this low carb recipe is paleo and keto friendly. Guaranteed to be a hit!
- 1 lb. mild sausage, removed from casing
- 4 strips bacon, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 carrots, sliced into coins
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 cups chopped up kale
- 1 can coconut milk
- Turn your instant pot onto the sauté setting.
- Add sausage to the pan and brown for 3-4 minutes. Breaking up with a wooden spoon so the sausage is in smaller chunks.
- Remove sausage from the pan using a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel lined plate.
- Next add bacon to the pan and saute for 3-4 minutes, until browned.
- Once browned add onion and garlic to the pan. Saute until translucent. Then add sausage back to the pan along with the carrots, red pepper, cauliflower, chicken stock, thyme, basil and red pepper flakes. Give it a stir.
- Cancel the Saute Mode.
- Put the cover on and turn to Pressure Cooker Mode. Set for 10 minutes. The pot will take several minutes to come to pressure.
- After the cooking cycle ends do a quick pressure release for the steam. When the pin in the lid drops, open the lid.
- Cancel the Pressure Cooking mode. And turn on Saute mode.
- Add coconut milk and kale to the pot. Stir everything together and saute for 5 minutes uncovered.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 261
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 665 mg
- Fat: 19 g
- Saturated Fat: 11 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 12 g
- Cholesterol: 33 mg
Keywords: Low Carb Zuppa Toscana, Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana Soup, Olive Garden copycat, keto zuppa toscana