- 5 boneless chicken breast cutlets
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil (i used roasted garlic olive oil for a little flavor)
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella ball, cut into 5 slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 28 oz. Muir Glen crushed fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 tablespoons grape seed oil
- 3 large zucchini, inspiralized into noodles
- fresh basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Bring a medium sauce pan to medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and red onion. Saute for 3-4 minutes until onions become translucent.
- Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds add in crushed tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Set aside when finished.
- Spray a baking sheet with PAM cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large shallow dish add panko, parmesan cheese, and dry basil. Toss to mix.
- Pat chicken cutlets dry. Pour 1.5 tablespoons of olive oil in small dish. Using a cooking brush, coat both sides of the raw chicken with olive oil.
- Put coated chicken in panko mixture and generously coat both sides. Be sure to press the mixture into the chicken so it sticks.
- Place coated chicken breasts on greased baking sheet. Once on baking sheet, gently spray the top of the chicken breast with olive oil
- Bake for 15 minutes, turn over back another 15 minutes.
- Top each chicken breast with 1-2 tablespoons of tomato sauce and 1 slice of mozzarella cheese, bake for 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add grape seed oil and zucchini noodles. Saute for 2-3 minutes. Remove and let sit for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve Zucchini Noodles with one chicken parmesan and top with a little tomato sauce and fresh basil.
- Serving Size: 1 chicken parmesan with noodles
- Calories: 387
- Sugar: 14 g
- Sodium: 661 mg
- Fat: 15 g
- Carbohydrates: 31 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 35 g
- Cholesterol: 71 mg