An Italian classic comfort food, lightened up! Baked Chicken Parmesan made with cutlets, homemade tomato sauce, gooey cheese and served on Zucchini Noodles!
- 5 boneless chicken breast cutlets
- 1 egg white, lightly scrambled
- 3/4 cup gluten free panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella ball, cut into 5 slices
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 28 oz. Muir Glen crushed fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 large zucchini, spiralized into noodles
- fresh basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bring a medium sauce pan to medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon of avocado oil and red onion. Saute for 3-4 minutes until onions become translucent.
- Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds add in crushed tomatoes, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Set aside when finished.
- Spray a baking sheet with PAM cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large shallow dish add gluten free panko, parmesan cheese, and dry basil. Toss to mix.
- Add egg whites to a small bowl. Set aside.
- Pat chicken cutlets dry. Dredge chicken breast in egg white mixture on both sides. Then dredge in parmesan mixture. Be sure to press the mixture into the chicken so it sticks.
- Place coated chicken breasts on greased baking sheet. Once on baking sheet, gently spray the top of the chicken breast with olive oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Top each chicken breast with 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce and 1 slice of mozzarella cheese, bake for 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Serve Parmesan Chicken on top of raw zucchini noodles, top with a little extra tomato sauce and fresh basil.
- Serving Size: 1 chicken parmesan with noodles
- Calories: 331
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 614 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 30 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 28 g
- Cholesterol: 69 mg
Keywords: baked chicken parmesan, chicken parmesan recipe, how to make chicken parmesan, zucchini noodles, zoodles, easy chicken recipes, healthy chicken dinner ideas, baked chicken,