A simple Greek Salad filled kalamata olives, cucumbers, tomato and feta then topped with marinated grilled chicken and a homemade greek dressing. It’s the perfect light easy dinner recipe for the summer
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- salt to taste
Greek Chicken Salad:
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 6 cups chopped green leaf lettuce
- 2 cups diced cucumber
- 1 cup sliced cherry tomato
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- optional: toasted pita bread
- For the Greek Dressing, to a small bowl add minced garlic, oregano, basil, mustard, red wine vinegar and salt. Whisk to mix everything together. Slowly whisk in the olive oil.
- Add chicken breast to a large storage bag or bowl. Pour 1/3 cup of the greek dressing to the chicken. Toss to coat chicken and let marinate for 30 minutes. Reserve for the rest of the dressing for later.
- Heat a grill to medium high heat, about 375-400°F. Clean grill grates and spray with cooking spray or rub down with oil soaked rags.
- Place chicken on the grill and grill each side for 4-6 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Remove from grill and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Assemble Salad: To a large bowl add chopped lettuce, tomato, cucumber, red onion, crumbled feta cheese and sliced chicken. Toss with remaining greek dressing and serve.
** If you need to cut the sodium in this dish, just omit the olives and/or the feta. That’s a huge chunk.
- Serving Size: 2 cups of salad
- Calories: 421
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 1059 mg
- Fat: 30 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 25 g
- Cholesterol: 75 mg
Keywords: greek salad, greek salad with chicken, grilled chicken recipe, greek chicken recipe, dressing for greek salad, greek salad dressing, greek chicken marinade