This Lemon Drop Martini is so simple to make! It has fresh lemon juice, smooth vodka, Cointreau, and a lemony sugared rim. It’s tart, a little sweet, and so refreshing!
Lemon Drop Martini
- 3 ounce vodka
- 1 ounce cointreau
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup or agave
- 2 slices of lemon (full circle or coin), for lemon twist garnish
Lemon Sugar Rim:
- 2–3 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- zest of one lemon
- Lemon Twist Garnish: Place your lemon slice on a cutting board. Using a paring knife, carefully cut along the peel so as to separate the fruit from the peel. Remove the fruit part and set aside so all you are left with is the peel. Cut the peel so it becomes a long strip and then twist it, hold it in place for 10 seconds to help the peel hold its shape. Set aside.
- Make Lemon Sugar Rim: To a small plate or saucer, add sugar and lemon zest. Gently stir around.
- Coat Glasses: Using a lemon wedge, rub it along the rim of the martini glass. Flip martini glass upside and place lined rim onto the lemon sugar plate, gently press glass down and spin trying to coat the rim of the martini glass with the lemon sugar mixture. Set aside.
- Make Lemon Drop Martini: To a cocktail shaker add vodka, cointreau, lemon juice, simple syrup and 3-4 ice cubes. Secure lid and vigorously shake until the cocktail shaker is frosted. Pour martini into lined martini glasses using a cocktail strainer. Garnish with lemon twist and serve.
- Serving Size: 1 cocktail
- Calories: 199
- Sugar: 19 g
- Sodium: 1 g
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 20 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: lemon drop recipe, how to make a lemon drop martini, lemon martini