The Ultimate Italian Cheeseburger is served on a toasted ciabatta bun with smoked gouda cheese, spicy arugula, sun dried tomatoes, prosciutto and basil pesto aioli. This juicy burger only takes 15 minutes to make!
- 2lbs. of ground beef
- salt & pepper
- 6 ciabatta rolls (bun size)
- 6 slices of smoked gouda cheese
- 12–18 sun dried tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup of fresh arugula
- 6 slices of prosciutto
- 1/2 cup of mayo
- 3/4 cup of fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- Heat grill to medium high heat.
- In a food processor add garlic clove, blend until minced. Add mayo, fresh basil, lemon juice, salt & pepper. Blend until all combined. Set aside.
- Form ground beef into six 1/3 lb. patties, season each side with salt and pepper.
- Spray grill grates with PAM or rub with olive oil.
- Place patties on grill and grill each side for 4-5 minutes. (DO NOT PUSH THE BURGER DOWN)
- For the last minute of grilling, place one slice of smoked gouda on each burger. Cover the grill and finish cooking for last minute, until cheese in melted. Remove from grill and let sit.
- Place buns, inside down, on grill. Grill for one minute. Remove.
- Assemble burgers – bottom bun, basil pesto aioli, 1/4 cup of arugula, cheeseburger, 2-3 sun dried tomatoes, 1 slice of prosciutto, top bun.
Keywords: easy burger recipe, easy hamburger meat recipe, cheeseburger recipe, best hamburger recipe, easy hamburger recipe, homemade burger, homemade burger recipe, best cheeseburger, how to make a cheeseburger