This 15-minute Italian cheeseburger is loaded with gouda cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, pesto aioli, and prosciutto for the perfect bite.
- 2lbs. of ground beef
- salt & pepper
- 6 ciabatta rolls (bun size)
- 6 slices of smoked gouda cheese
- 12–18 sun dried tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup of fresh arugula
- 6 slices of prosciutto
Basil Pesto Aioli:
- 1/2 cup of mayo
- 3/4 cup of fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- Heat grill to medium high heat, approximately 350-375°F.
- In a food processor add garlic clove, blend until minced. Then add in mayo, fresh basil, lemon juice, salt & pepper. Blend until all are combined. Set aside.
- Form ground beef into six 1/3 lb. patties, and season each side with salt and pepper.
- Spray grill grates with PAM or rub with olive oil.
- Place patties on the grill and grill each side for 4-5 minutes. (DO NOT PUSH THE BURGER DOWN)
- Place one slice of smoked gouda on each burger for the last minute of grilling. Cover the grill and finish cooking for one minute or until the cheese in melted. Remove from grill and let sit.
- Place buns, inside down, on the grill. Toast for one minute. Remove.
- Assemble burgers – bottom bun, basil pesto aioli, 1/4 cup of arugula, cheeseburger, 2-3 sun dried tomatoes, 1 slice of prosciutto, top bun.
- Serving Size: 1 burger
- Calories: 560
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 823 mg
- Fat: 35 g
- Saturated Fat: 13 g
- Carbohydrates: 20 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 43 g
- Cholesterol: 124 mg
Keywords: Italian cheeseburger, Italian burger, ciabatta burger