This Instant Pot Whole Chicken, tastes like a straight-off-the-grill rotisserie chicken, right in your own kitchen! Rubbed down with spices like cumin, smoked paprika, and coriander – then cooked right in the instant pot for the perfect flavorful and juicy chicken.
- 4 lb. whole chicken, giblets removed
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 cup chicken stock
- To a small bowl add garlic powder, cumin, smoked paprika, ground coriander, salt and pepper. Mix together and set aside.
- Pat chicken dry thoroughly with a paper towel.
- Season the inside of the chicken cavity as well as the outside skin on both sides.
- Stuff the cavity with lemon halves.
- Set a 6 qt Instant Pot to HIGH saute setting. Once hot, add avocado oil and whole chicken to the instant pot breast side down. Saute for 4-5 minutes until seared and golden brown. Using tongs, flip, and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes. Remove from instant pot.
- Place the metal trivet in the instant pot. Pour chicken chicken into instant pot and place whole chicken breast side up in metal trivet.
- Secure the lid. Select pressure cooker setting and set to HIGH for 29 minutes.
- Do a natural release for 20-25 minutes. Remove chicken from the instant pot and allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Keywords: whole chicken instant pot, pressure cooker whole chicken, instant pot roast chicken