Instant Pot Corn on the Cob that comes out juicy and flavorful every time with no seasonings required! This healthy 10-minute side dish will save those hectic weeknights – and you can easily dress it up for a fancy holiday feast.
- 6 ears of corn, husk and silk removed
- 1 cup of cold water
- First, add the metal trivet to the bottom of your instant pot and add water.
- Once husk and silk are removed from the cob, cut the top 1″ and bottom 1″ of the corn off. This will give you a flat surface but also usually those parts are slightly browned.
- Stand the corn up vertically on the trivet.
- Securely seal the cover. Turn the valve to the sealing position.
- Set instant pot to high pressure for 5 minutes. Once time is done, do a quick released method by flipping the valve to the venting position.
- Once all steam is released carefully open and remove the lid.
- Carefully remove hot corn with tongs and serve.
- To Store: Wrap each cooled cob in foil or clear wrap and refrigerate them in an airtight container for up to 4 days. If you’ve removed the kernels, skip the wrapping step and choose a shallow container.
- To Reheat: Wrap each cob in foil and bake at 350°F for 5-10 minutes. Loose kernels can be warmed up in the microwave – place them into a heat-proof bowl and reheat in 15-second intervals, stirring after each one.
- To Freeze: Use a sharp knife to cut the kernels off the cooled cobs. Place loose kernels into a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 6 months. Thaw in the fridge before reheating.
Keywords: cooking corn on the cob, how to cook corn, best corn on the cob